Webfoot Census Maps Credits
- I used data from many sources throughout the projects.
- I used Google Maps API for both versions of the maps tiles project and the second version of Mapeteria.
- I used KML for the first version of Mapeteria.
- I used Thomas Boutell's gd library for much of the "heavy lifting" of the tile generation.
- I used the Google Web Toolkit for the Obama victory demographics demo.
- I used PHP for the second version of the map tiles and both versions of Mapeteria.
- I used MySQL for the second version of the maps tiles and the second version of Mapeteria.
- For my original, C++ census-tract-level maps project, I used
A huge fraction of the data that I use comes from the US Federal Government, mostly from the US Census Bureau (with a little bit also coming from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, and I suspect the US Geological Service was also involved at some point.) Thanks to all the federal workers who developed this, and also thank you to the taxpayers of the United States. It is fashionable in some circles to disparage government spending as wasteful, if not downright evil. However, that data could not have been collected without your tax dollars -- and I think that was money well spent. Thank you.